The Kanza Rail-Trail Conservancy's Fall 2018 newsletter is available for viewing online, with news about the Flint Hills Trail and Landon Trail.
With the Rush the Rails event rapidly approaching, we will be having work days to get the trail ready every Saturday from now until October 7th, the day of the event.
The primary activity will be clearing brush. We are in need of volunteers to help ( It’s a very long trail! ). Volunteers will need to bring chain saws, gloves, insect repellent and plenty to drink. All workdays will begin at 8:30 am and we usually work until sometime around noon.
Here are the dates and locations of the places we will start working:
- August 19th, Rantoul- setting bollards and cutting brush east.
- August 26th Vassar working west.
- September 2nd. Finish from Vassar to 75 highway.
- September 9: Meet west edge of Osage City- work west
- Sept 16 We will start where we left off west of Osage City
- Sept 23 and 30 To be announced: We will work where most needed to get the trail ready for the Oct 7th event.
We will also plan a day to work on the trail from the 75 highway bridge, east to Adams road. We need blading and screenings.
SPREAD THE WORD! SELECT ONE OR SEVERAL DAYS TO COME HELP US. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 913-731-0100