The Flint Hills Nature Trail has over a dozen conveniently located trail heads and other access points (designated TH on the map), some with nearby parking, camping/lodging, and other trail-friendly services. This list is updated continually, so check back often for the latest developments!
- Osawatomie — Go 2 miles west on John Brown Hwy (Parker Ave.), and then north on Indianapolis Rd. 1/2 mile.
- Rantoul — From I-35 east of Ottawa, go east 7 miles. Then south 5 miles on Vermont Rd. Then east (left) on W. Main St. (Rock Creek Rd.) for one block.
- Ottawa East — Go 1 mile East on 7th St. from US 59 (Main St.) to S. Mason St.
- Ottawa West — Go 3 blocks West of the Prairie Spirit Trail (which is one block west of Main St.) on First Street. to Maple Street where the trail veers off to the right and passes under 68 Hwy.
- Pomona — From K-68 at Pomona town, go south one mile on Madison St. (Colorado Rd.)
- Admire — From US 56, go 1.3 miles south on K-99. Next, go west (right) 2 blocks to Main St. and then south for one block.
- Bushong — From US 56, go one mile south on Road F.
- Council Grove East — From Main St. (US 56) go to S. 8th Street. Then go South 2 blocks to Donnon Street and then go West (right) for 2 blocks.
- Vassar (Gateway to Lake Pomona) — Trailhead is 1 block South of the Vassar Methodist Church on Croco Road.